Here are the top five stories from Bloggers’ Row and beyond for March 31.
1. Last night, the Predators knocked off the Detroit Red Wings in Detroit to move into fourth place in the Western Conference. The win was the 500th in franchise history and, thus, it was Barry Trotz’s 500th career win. Inside Smashville’s Amanda DiPaolo, Section303.com’s Jeremy Gover, Preds On The Glass’ Buddy Oakes, Smashville 24/7′s Ryan Porth and Hockey Night in Nashville’s Robby Stanley each have the story.
2. Recently, Seth Lake has begun a “Morning After” column at Inside Smashville. Here’s his blog about last night’s Detroit game. It’s in-depth, it’s long and it’s worth the read.
3. “Hell Week” comes to a close for the Predators tonight as they are back home against the Chicago Blackhawks in the last Saturday home game of the regular season. Ryan Porth has your game preview, as does Amanda DiPaolo.
4. Friday was new podcast day in Smashville. The 303:30 features the legend Buddy Oakes, as well as Dmitry Chesnokov from Yahoo Sports. Smashville on the Glass, meanwhile, always features Buddy (and Ryan), but also featured USA Today’s Kevin Allen.
5. Continuing his “Stories of the Season” feature, on Friday, On the Forecheck’s Dirk Hoag featured The Examiner’s Jim Diamond and his piece earlier this year about NHL referee Mike Hasenfrantz’s return from major cardiac surgery. Later, Dirk took his camera to the park.