Here are the top five stories from Bloggers’ Row and beyond for April 3.
1. Tonight is the second to last home game of Nashville’s regular season, as the Predators take on the Minnesota Wild at Bridgestone Arena. Amanda DiPaolo of Inside Smashville and Ryan Porth of Smashville 24/7 each have previews.
2. With 3 games left, the Predators sit 1 point back of Detroit for the final “home-ice-advantage” spot in the first round. Nashville has 98 points, which ties them with Chicago (but the Predators have a game-in-hand) and leaves them one point behind the Red Wings. Robby Stanley has an update on the Predators’ quest for the fourth-place spot in the Western Conference.
3. Amanda DiPaolo caught up with several Predators players to find out the team’s mindset heading into tonight’s game against the Wild. The common theme appears to be the team’s focus on taking their game plan to the Wild and not the other way around. At 4-5-1 in their last 10, it would not be farfetched to assume that in many of those games, the Predators have been forced to play to the other team’s will.
4. Meanwhile, Ryan Porth caught up with Paul Gaustad to discuss his faceoff performance. Gaustad admits to watching video in order to prepare for his various faceoff opponents. Ryan also spoke to Barry Trotz and Nick Spaling about “Goose”.
5. Yesterday, Dirk Hoag at On the Forecheck continued his “Stories of the Season” series. This edition focused on the late comeback at Columbus on December 8 and the stories from Amanda DiPaolo, Ryan Porth and The View From 111′s Mark Willoughby. It did not focus on the $40 cab ride to locate a Skyline Chili before the game, however.